SAN SEBASTIAN CITY BREAK: BASQUE CUISINE
Dine in a Michelin star restaurant, contemplate the beautiful views of La Concha Bay, enjoy an afternoon of Pintxos in the Old Part of San Sebastian, a meal in a Basque Gastronomic Society, or take a traditional Basque cooking class… these are some of the many options we offer during our City Break in San Sebastian.
Making Basque cuisine the protagonist of our adventure, we will explore San Sebastian and its surroundings, admire the green landscapes and rugged coastline of Gipuzkoa, discover the secrets of our beloved Idiazabal Cheese, taste our zesty Txakoli white wine from Getaria, and enjoy the best raw materials from our local markets. San Sebastian is the place to be in for all food lovers.
– Discover San Sebastian on foot and take the funicular to the top of Mount Igeldo to enjoy some of the best views of the city.
– Enjoy the best Pintxos (Basque tapas) in San Sebastian’s Old Quarter by the hand of a local OR, if preferred, become a Basque chef by going for lunch to a traditional Basque Gastronomic Society.
– Enjoy a guided tour of an Idiazabal Designation of Origin Cheese Farmhouse, learn about the elaboration process of our beloved cheese, and enjoy tastings of the farm’s cheese products.
– Head to the coast to visit a Txakoli Winery of the Province of Gipuzkoa, and learn about the elaboration process of our zesty Txakoli white wine and enjoy some tastings.
– Visit the famous Flysch of Zumaia, an impressive natural wonder used in the filming of “Game of Thrones Season 7”.
All yearlong (please consult availability and tour options)
2 days (1 night)
Local bilingual guide
Guided tour of San Sebastian
Guided visit to an Idiazabal Designation of Origin Cheese Farmhouse + tastings
Guided tour of a Txakoli Winery + Txakoli wine tastings paired with local appetizer
Pintxos (OR) Lunch in Basque Gastronomic Society
Visit to the Flysch of Zumaia
All transportation in private vehicle